October 10, 2019 @ 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
With hatred and polarization on the rise around the world, LIST(e)N invites people with complex personal stories and contrasting views on the topics of LIST(e)N (84 mins) invites people with opposing viewpoints on some of our most divisive issues – guns, abortion and immigration — to listen to each other. The documentary features participants whose personal lives deeply intertwine with these topics, including one of the survivors of the Parkland, FL school shooting. As the exchanges unfold, to the participants’ wonder, moments of unexpected and intense emotional connection and understanding arise.
The film counts with powerful participant profiles including:
– Aalayah Eastmond – survivor of the 2018 Parkland, FL school shooting.
– Todd Underwood – founder of an online portal for selling and trading guns.
– Kelsey Carol Burke – a Honduran immigrant who crossed the border with her family 20 years ago.
– Tony Khawam – a Syrian-American who migrated legally with his family to America in the 80s.
– Linda Guillotti – a pro-choice advocate who underwent an abortion 20 years ago.
– Tewannah Aman – a pro-life activist who underwent an abortion at age 17, and regretted it afterwards.
It’s a crucial film aimed to enlighten and empower viewers, as well as change hearts and minds – at a time in history when listening to each other is of utmost importance.
One person is attending List(e)n